Head of EngineeringSee other positions
- Strong with our stack, front and back
- Previous engineering management experience: mentoring/coaching reports, creating a high performing software team, balancing velocity and quality, creating a strong engineering culture
- Strong product sense: have a taste for UX/UI, ability to ship things quickly and iteratively
- Interest in data analytics
- Ability to attract talent and grow the engineering team
Challenges we face
- User experience: we want to build a delightful experience and beautiful interface for our users. How can we build powerful features that help people get to insights fast, and make it fun to use?
- Scalability: our users query and analyze large datasets in PopSQL, so our frontend and backend systems need to be performant and reliable to support these workflows.
- Team agility: as an early-stage startup, our objective is to balance product quality with speed within a rapid feedback loop with customers; not an easy feat!
- React, TypeScript
- Apollo to fetch data from our GraphQL API
- Storybook component library
- Electron to power our cross platform desktop application
- Next.js to build server side rendered static sites
- Tailwind CSS
- Rails hosted on AWS ECS
- GraphQL API
- PostgreSQL for our primary data store, Redis and Memcached for caching
- Terraform for infrastructure as code
- We love to weave testing, analytics, logging, monitoring, and alerting into our projects
- Continuous integration/delivery
- GitHub pull requests/code reviews
- Quick daily synchronous product meetings to demo progress and get rapid feedback from your peers
We'd love to hear from you at email@example.com.