Introducing Materialize Support in PopSQL!
Hello, PopSQL community! We're back with another exciting announcement: our platform now supports connections to Materialize. If you've ever wished you could just write materialized views and let the database handle keeping results up to date, your dreams just came true.
For those of you unfamiliar with Materialize, here's a snapshot of why it's revolutionizing the way businesses build internal and customer-facing data products:
- Familiar data warehouse architecture: If you've used a cloud data warehouse, you know how to use Materialize: It has the same storage/compute separation, same SQL workflows.
- Streaming engine: Computation happens on write, as data arrives, instead of query time, so that maintained results are available almost instantly.
- Purpose-built for operational data work: Materialize shines in operational work where an analytic warehouse is too slow and a stream processor is too complicated: Personalization, Fraud Detection, Business Automation, Customer Notifications, even ML and AI feature-serving.
PopSQL and Materialize: Real-time insights
Bringing Materialize into the PopSQL platform combines streaming data with real-time data collaboration. Here's how this integration will transform your data journey:
- Seamless querying: With the familiar PopSQL interface, you can now query your streaming data in Materialize using standard SQL queries. Experience the power of real-time data without the need for a learning curve. Build a query library, comment on team queries, and share links to queries for easy collaboration.
- Visualize in real time: Leverage PopSQL's charts to paint a dynamic picture of your streaming data. Add query variables to empower non-technical team members to refresh queries from Materialize.
- Schedule updates to email or Slack: PopSQL queries can be scheduled to refresh and post to Slack hourly, or even up-to-the-minute, powered by Materialize and PopSQL.
Flexible connection and permissions options
PopSQL’s new Materialize connection has been set up to fully support all connection types:
- Private connection: Your connection is only available to you. For additional security you can set up a private direct connection, so the credentials are stored locally.
- Fully shared connection: Foster collaboration by allowing every team member to access your Materialize connection without any barriers. On PopSQL's Enterprise plan you can limit access to specific people and/or teams so you can set up multiple shared connections for different teams that require different levels of access.
- Per-user credentials: Your Materialize connection is set up and owned by an admin, but for added security, individual users login with their own credentials before running queries. If you have complex permissions that vary by user, this option can save a ton of time while still enabling the collaboration features in PopSQL.
Our mission at PopSQL has always been to be at the forefront of database technology, providing our users with the tools they need to stay ahead of the curve. Materialize is redefining the landscape of real-time data products, and we're thrilled to integrate its capabilities into your PopSQL experience.
Dive in, stream on, and let real-time insights guide your decisions. Welcome to the future of database querying with PopSQL and Materialize.