Cool Sample Data
Free samples are easily my favorite thing about grocery stores.
Free sample datasets, though? Those can be awfully dry.
You're guaranteed to need sample data at some point. Perhaps you need to interview a potential analyst but can't use your company's data. Maybe you're tired of your company's data. It's not the same as when you first met it. And you're dying to rekindle that spark that made you love SQL in the first place.
We've scoured the web for some non-boring datasets so you don't have to:
- Historical Bitcoin Prices
- 3 Million Instacart Orders (Open sourced)
- 2 Billion Uber rides (anonymized)
- Database of the Ancient World (for history buffs)
- 5000 Movies Dataset
- Airbnb listings Data (for MongoDB)
- Data on all Kickstarter projects since 2016
- UFO Sightings (can you believe there have been 80,000 sightings and we still haven't taken a good picture?)
Need more data? Sign up for Jeremy Singer-Vine's newsletter, Data is Plural. He sends 5 interesting datasets every Wednesday.
Stay querying, my friends.